Migrate projects to another private space
Projects can be migrated from one private space to another private space. This is a manual process, so make sure to have sufficient time available to execute the migration.
Please read the whole article carefully, including the colored banners, before performing the described steps.
Step 1: Migrate users
Export the users from the old space and import these in the new space
- In the old space go to Admin page > users > export users
- Open the exported .csv file in Excel or Numbers
- Filter out or delete users that should not be moved to the new space
Note: Only the first five columns (e-mail, last name, first name, initials, and company) are needed for the import
- In the new space import users into BIMcollab Cloud from a CSV file
- Review the user settings in the new space
- If needed, enable the options "Can create project" and/or "Can create user"
- If needed, deactivate users
- If needed, change the role to Administrator
Step 2: Create project and set project properties in the new space
The project settings need to be manually set in the new space. When done for one project, this project can be used as a template
- Create a new project and fill out the general settings
- Define project properties to manually add milestones, areas, labels, types, priorities, groups and custom fields
- Manually add and invite team members for the project
- If using visibility, make sure you assign the user groups(s)
Step 3: Migrate issues
Export issues from the old space to a BCF file and import them.
BCF files do not include 'area', 'custom fields' and 'visibility'. These values will need to be created and reassigned to the issues after the import.
Since a default value can be chosen for 'area' and 'custom fields' during the import of the BCF file, the recommendation is to export and import subsets of issues filtered by these criteria.
Furthermore, visibility can only be set by the user who created the issue.
BCF files do not include links to a BIMcollab ZOOM or Navisworks clash result. Consider recreating active Smart Issues from clash results in the new project.
BCF files do not include the issue changelog
. As a result, the detailed history of changes will be lost.
- In the old space open the project
- Go to the Issues page and filter the issue that need to be migrated
When using 'area', ' custom fields', and/or ' visibility', apply a filter to export these per value in one report.
- Create a BCF report of your issues
Note the limit for issue reports. Create multiple reports with less issues if a report cannot be created.
- Go to the Reports page and download the BCF report(s)
- In the new space, import the issues into BIMcollab Cloud from a BCF file
If needed, set the default 'Area' and/or 'Custom fields'.
- If needed, add 'Area', ' Custom fields, and/or ' Visibility' by editing multiple issues at the same time
Migrate projects from join.bimcollab.com to a private space
BIMcollab cloud doesn't currently support moving projects from join.bimcollab.com to a private space, or from one private space to the other. However, you can share some of the data by transferring issues between projects from different spaces. ...
In a private BIMcollab Cloud space, you can define several space settings as an administrator. To edit these settings follow these steps: Go to the Administration dashboard by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner If you do not see the ...
Add and invite team members in a private space
This article describes how to add team members to projects in a private BIMcollab Cloud space. To know how to add team members to your free project on join.bimcollab.com, consult the article Add and invite team members on join.bimcollab.com. Do you ...
BIMcollab Space account
In the BIMcollab ecosystem, there are two different kinds of accounts. Your BIMcollab ID An overarching, personal account, which contains your personal information. For more information, consult the article My BIMcollab ID. Space account An account ...
Add a user who was previously deleted from the space
When a user is deleted from a private space, they no longer have access to the space and they are moved to the deleted users list. When trying to add the user again as a new user, the space administrator will receive the notification "This email ...