Import users into BIMcollab Cloud from a CSV file
In some cases you may wish to import a list of users from another source into BIMcollab Cloud. In that case the easiest way is to save your user data into a CSV file. Creating a CSV file can be done using a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or Numbers.
- Start by downloading the template file "Template to import users" from the BIMcollab download page
- Open the template file in your favorite spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Numbers), and start editing your list of users to import.
When entering your data, you must take into account the following conditions:
- Each row must represent a single individual user
- Column names must remain in the same order as the template file and must not be alternated
- Additional columns will not be taken into account (If you add additional columns, they will simply be ignored during the import.)
- All cells must be in TEXT format
- Column names are not case sensitive
- Once all of the data is entered, you can now save the file as a CSV file:
- In Numbers, go to File > Export to > .CSV
- In Excel, go to File > Save as > .CSV (Read the more detailed article on the Microsoft site)
- In Google Sheets, go to File > Download > Comma Separated Values (.csv, active sheet)
- After your list is ready in CSV format, you must go to the "Users" page in your administration area, and click on 'Import users'> 'Browse'> 'Import'.
The following points are also important to make a successful import of users from a CSV file:
- Users in the list are mapped to existing users in BIMcollab based on email address;
- When a new user is found in the list then that user will be created in BIMcollab. They will then need to be set to active by the space administrator and added to projects before they can log in and use BIMcollab Cloud;
- Microsoft Excel is not able to create CSV files using Unicode encoding. Therefore any special characters or non-latin characters may be lost.
Import issues into BIMcollab Cloud from a BCF or CSV file
Import issues from a BCF file Follow these steps to import a BCF file in BIMcollab Cloud: In BIMcollab Cloud, choose the project in which you want to import issues Go to the Import tab of the project Click on 'Browse', and choose the BCF file you ...
Set your language of your BIMcollab account
Join.bimcollab.com On join.bimcollab.com, users can choose the prefered language by going to Settings > Preferences and selecting the one they prefer. Private BIMcollab Cloud spaces Every BIMcollab Cloud space has a default language which is set by ...
Manage a BIMcollab Cloud
Administrators can reach the administration page by clicking on the settings icon, and choosing 'Administration' in the pull down menu. The administration page is easily recognizable by the red ribbon at the top of the screen. From there you can ...
Import user names that contain special characters
BIMcollab Cloud does support special characters, but it depends on the encoding of the file that you want to import. Like most web applications, BIMcollab Cloud uses Unicode encoding to ensure that all special characters are supported and can be ...
My name contains question marks in BIMcollab Cloud
BIMcollab Cloud is designed to support most character sets. However when your Cloud administrator imports users from a file, if the encoding used in the source file is not recognized by BIMcollab Cloud then any special characters your name may ...