Migrate projects from join.bimcollab.com to a private space
BIMcollab cloud doesn't currently support moving projects from join.bimcollab.com to a private space, or from one private space to the other.
However, you can share some of the data by transferring issues between projects from different spaces.
Issues can be copied from one project to the other by following the steps below:
- Log into join.bimcollab.com or a private BIMcollab space from which you want to transfer the issues.
- Create a BCF report of the necessary issues as explained in the 'Export Issues from the Cloud' paragraph in the Offline workflow article.
- Log into your private BIMcollab space which you would like to copy the issues to.
- Create a new project and go to the project page.
- Go to the Settings page of your project and add any values for the Types, Priorities and Labels which deviate from the standard values and are present in the issues from the source project.
- Make sure all users which are assigned to issues are added to the project as team members. If necessary, add the users to the space first.
- Create user groups and add the team members to the correct groups, according to the source project.
- Once the project parameters are setup matching with the source project, go to the 'Import' page of the project.
Import the created BCF file by following the steps listed in 'Import the offline created issues in BIMcollab Cloud' paragraph in the Offline workflow article.
When importing BCF files, the following data from existing issues will not be copied:
- Custom fields
- Change log
- Links to clashes in Smart Issues
- Links to a Navisworks clash test
These values will need to be created and reassigned to the issues manually. A default value can be chosen for these fields during the import of the BCF file.
Set your language of your BIMcollab account
My BIMcollab ID / Join.bimcollab.com On join.bimcollab.com, click on your avatar, and choose 'My account' You are redirected to your My BIMcollab ID page, and can select the language you prefer under 'Preferences' Click 'Save' Private BIMcollab Cloud ...
Add and invite team members on join.bimcollab.com
This article describes how to add team members to your free project on join.bimcollab.com. To know how to add team members to a project in a private space, consult the article Add and invite team members in a private space. Project leaders can add ...
Add and invite team members in a private space
This article describes how to add team members to projects in a private BIMcollab Cloud space. To know how to add team members to your free project on join.bimcollab.com, consult the article Add and invite team members on join.bimcollab.com. ...
Using your free project on join.bimcollab.com
Introduction BIMcollab Join (join.bimcollab.com) is the free version of BIMcollab Cloud, which permits you to test our solution. A lot of features which are available in a personal space, can also be tested in Join, but the number of active projects ...
In a private BIMcollab Cloud space, you can define several space settings as an administrator. To edit these settings follow these steps: Go to the Administration dashboard by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner If you do not see the ...