Offline workflow BCF Manager
Creating, importing and exporting issues offline
It is advised to always use the BCF Manager with an online workflow by connecting to BIMcollab Cloud. If this is not possible, you can create, import and export issues as BCF-files to exchange them with the rest of your project team.
The rest of this article describes the offline workflow.
- Open the BCF Manager in your preferred application
- To start a whole new project, select 'New offline project' (1)
- If you already have a BCF file to start the project, choose 'Import BCF File' (2). The issues from the file will be imported.
You can find an example BCF file on our website.
See the Heading 'Export issues from the Cloud' below, to know how you can export issues from the Cloud into a BCF file
Press the '+' button (3) and start creating new issues, or click the pencil button
edit existing issues
- When you are ready to export the issues to a BCF file, hit the Save button (4)
Import the BCF file in BIMcollab Cloud
It is possible to import the BCF file in a project on BIMcollab Cloud:
- Go to your own private BIMcollab Cloud or to join.bimcollab.com
- Go to the preferred project
- Go to the Issues tab
- Click on 'Import'
- Click on 'Browse', and choose the BCF file you want to import
- If necessary, select default properties to add to the issues when missing
- Click 'Import'
- The file will be imported. Existing issues will be updated and new issues will be added to the project. A history of the performed imports will be displayed on the Import page.
After downloading the file, you can open it with the BCF Manager. See the heading 'Creating, importing and exporting issues offline' for the steps.
Publish issues which were opened from a BCF file
The BCF Managers can be used to synchronize issues directly with BIMcollab by connecting to a project, or you can work offline by creating, opening, editing and saving BCF files. With the New, Open and Save buttons, you can work with BCF files, which ...
Identify yourself when working offline in the BCF manager
When working offline, your email address is used to identify yourself in the issues. The email address with which you have earlier connected to BIMcollab Cloud, will be used by default, but you can change it to another address if preferred. To do ...
Quick Start Guide BCF Manager Navisworks
This Quick Start Guide describes the basic online workflow of the BCF Manager for Navisworks. It will get you up and running in no time. The BCF Manager for Navisworks is available for Navisworks Manage and Simulate. If you have not yet installed ...
Quick Start Guide BCF Manager Tekla Structures
This Quick Start Guide describes the basic online workflow of the BCF Manager for Tekla. It will get you up and running in no time. If you have not yet installed it, download and install the BCF Manager for Tekla Structures here. Online workflow ...
Quick Start Guide BCF Manager Revit
This Quick Start Guide describes the basic online workflow of the BCF Manager for Revit. It will get you up and running in no time. If you have not yet installed it, download and install the BCF Manager for Revit here. Online workflow BCF Manager ...