What added features does BIMcollab ZOOM offer on top of IFC model viewing?
ZOOM offers a lot more than IFC viewing, such as:
- Visual model validation of IFC models with the help of smart views
- Check your model against an IDM* with smart views, and create issues
- Create a federated model from multiple IFC files and save as shareable project file (.bcp)
- Direct link to issues in BIMcollab's issue management platform, BIMcollab Cloud
- Create, edit and comment on BIM issues
- Clash detection, setup and share clash rules
- Different ways to visualize clashes
- Clash grouping in by type, story, grid, etc.
- Extract information from your IFC model with Lists
- Batch generation of issues
- Quantity listing and property counting
- Model sharing possibilities with shared folders
*IDM, abbreviation for "Information Delivery Manual", is a common reference in the BIM data exchange processes. IDMs are generally represented by a process map. For more information on IDMs, please visit the buildingSMART international website.
Quick Start Guide BIMcollab ZOOM
Find a printable version as attachment This Quick Start Guide describes the work environment and functionalities of BIMcollab ZOOM. It will get you up and running in no time. If you have not yet installed it, download and install BIMcollab ZOOM here. ...
IFC and Point cloud sharing in BIMcollab ZOOM without using BIMcollab Cloud
We recommend an online workflow to combine and view multiple files (IFC and Point clouds) in a project, so the whole team works with the latest version of the projectfiles and communicates at one central spot online in BIMcollab Cloud. This ensures ...
Finding issues in BIMcollab ZOOM
By creating a combination of models (created by different disciplines) you can visually detect conflicts between these model. Next to this, ZOOM has Smart views that can automate identifying and coloring components based on defined or undefined ...
Open and combine IFC files in BIMcollab ZOOM
Quickly open and sort multiple IFC files in BIMcollab ZOOM to create a federated model. ENGLISH | 6 MIN WATCH
Setup Lists in BIMcollab ZOOM
Lists are used to extract information from IFC models and to share these results within a project. BIMcollab ZOOM users with a license and ZOOM editing rights can create and edit lists. Creating a new List Start BIMcollab ZOOM with an active license ...