What added features does BIMcollab Zoom offer on top of IFC model viewing?
BIMcollab Zoom offers a lot more than IFC viewing, such as:
- Visual model validation of IFC models with the help of smart views
- Check your model against an IDM* with smart views, and create issues
- Check your model with IDS**, and create issues
- Create a federated model from multiple IFC files and save as shareable project file (.bcp)
- Link a shared folder to automatically open shared files
- Direct link to issues in BIMcollab's issue management platform, BIMcollab Nexus
- Create, edit and comment on BIM issues
- Clash detection, setup and share clash rules
- Different ways to visualize clashes
- Clash grouping in by type, story, grid, etc.
- Batch generation of issues from clashes
- Follow up on the status of clashes with Smart Issues
- Extract information from your IFC model with Lists
- Quantity listing and property counting
*IDM, abbreviation for "Information Delivery Manual", is a common reference in the BIM data exchange processes. IDMs are generally represented by a process map. For more information on IDMs, please visit the buildingSMART international website.
**IDS, abbreviation for "Information Delivery Specification", is an open standard for specifying and validating information requirements in IFC models. Read more about the official IDS documentation at the buildingSMART website.
Quick Start Guide BIMcollab Zoom
Find a printable version as attachment This Quick Start Guide describes the work environment and functionalities of BIMcollab Zoom. It will get you up and running in no time. If you have not yet installed it, download and install BIMcollab Zoom ...
IFC and Point cloud sharing in BIMcollab Zoom without using BIMcollab Nexus
We recommend an online workflow to combine and view multiple files (IFC and Point clouds) in a project, so the whole team works with the latest version of the projectfiles and communicates at one central spot online in BIMcollab Nexus. This ensures ...
IDS property validation in BIMcollab Zoom
By integrating IDS into BIMcollab Zoom, BIM managers can easily check for any missing or non-compliant information in the IFC files. When a model does not meet the requirements specified in the IDS, BIMcollab Zoom enables you to generate issue ...
Open and combine IFC files in BIMcollab Zoom
Quickly open and sort multiple IFC files in BIMcollab Zoom to create a federated model. ENGLISH | 6 MIN WATCH
Finding issues in BIMcollab Zoom
By creating a combination of models (created by different disciplines) you can visually detect conflicts between these models. Next to this, BIMcollab Zoom Viewer has Smart views that can automate identifying and coloring components based on defined ...