Update Smart Issues based on clash results
When new models are available, it is possible to update existing Smart Issues containing clashes. The update checks if the clashes are still present in the new models.
- Open ZOOM with an active license
Connect to the project for which you want to update the issues
Make sure you have ZOOM edit rights and are a project leader or editor in the project
- Update the models in BIMcollab ZOOM to the new version
- Go to the issues panel
- Set the issue filter to show all Smart Issues you want to update
Only issues which are visible in the issue panel will be updated
- Update the issues by clicking the button
The Smart Issues themselves will determine whether the clashes are still present in the current models or not. It is not necessary to rerun the clash detection before updating the issues
- The viewpoints of the issues will be updated according to the latest status of the clashes. The following elements are taken into account, when checking if the viewpoint should be updated:
- The size and location of the clash box
The status of the clash
You will get feedback on the status of clashes by means of the color of the clash boxes in the 3D window when zooming to an issue
- Go through the updated issues to determine if any of them can be closed based on the new status. It is also possible to automatically close issues during the update if all clashes that are reported to the issue have been solved
- Synchronize the project so the latest status of the Smart Issues is available for all team members
Additional options when updating the issues:
- Only update selected issues : If this option is disabled, all issues which are visible in the issue panel will be updated
- Close issues where all clashes are solved : if all clashes which are reported to an issue are found to be resolved, the issue is automatically closed.
- Reopen previously closed issues : if clashes are still (or again) active in issues that have been closed, the issue will be reopened
- Add a comment : the comment will be added to all updated issues
Create Smart Issues by reporting clash results
Smart Issues in BIMcollab are issues that contain and track reported clashes from BIMcollab ZOOM. In a traditional model checking workflow, clashes are detected in a model validation tool and reported as issues. When new models are created, the clash ...
The status of a clash
The status of a clash in BIMcollab ZOOM is indicated by the color of the clash box in the 3D window. Clash status in the clash results In an online workflow in BIMcollab ZOOM, a clash can have three statuses in the clash results. These statuses are ...
Finding issues in BIMcollab ZOOM
By creating a combination of models (created by different disciplines) you can visually detect conflicts between these models. Next to this, ZOOM has Smart views that can automate identifying and coloring components based on defined or undefined ...
Create Smart Properties
Smart Properties in BIMcollab ZOOM are user-defined properties, based on existing object attributes. They help you to reorganize and structure BIM data. When working with IFC files delivered by multiple authors, it is inevitable that they contain ...
How to perform a clash detection with BIMcollab ZOOM
BIMcollab ZOOM users who have a ZOOM license, so not a ZOOM Free license, can perform clash detection within the loaded set of models. Do you want to advance your knowledge about this subject? Go to our BIMcollab Academy and enroll in the BIMcollab ...