This article is based on a post in Solibri Society
To transfer your workflow from Solibri 9.10 to Solibri 9.12 with the BCF Live Connector, there are a couple of recommendations to avoid problems with synchronization. The best workflow depends on the kind of project.
New server projects
It is recommended that issues in new server projects are created using Solibri 9.12. This will ensure that links to checking results and local slides are saved properly. It is also highly recommended that all project participants use the BCF Live Connector to avoid problems with synchronization, issue duplication, etc.
Existing server projects
For projects for which issues have already been created with an earlier version of Solibri, there are three possibilities. When choosing one of these options, it is important to take into consideration whether the link to the presentations and slides of checking results needs to be preserved.
A) Import issues into a new BIMcollab project
With this option, the link between issues in the BCF Live Connector and the slides in presentations or checking results can be preserved. Since the linking feature did not exist to the same extent before Solibri 9.12, it is necessary to create the issues again in BIMcollab Cloud.
B) Only use the BCF Live Connector in Solibri 9.12
With this option, it is possible to continue working in the existing project in BIMcollab Cloud. The link to the presentations and checking results which were created in an earlier version of Solibri will be lost. Issues can still be updated and edited in the BCF Live View, however transferring and linking these to the older local issues is not supported.
- Open the SMC project in Solibri 9.12
- Set up a connection to the existing BIMcollab Cloud project with the BCF Live Connector
- Edit and update existing issues in the Live Issue Details View
- Synchronize all issues to BIMcollab Cloud
- Delete all deprecated presentations in Solibri, or edit their name to clarify they should no longer be used
- Create new slides in a new presentation. When these are imported as issues through the BCF Live Connector, they will have a link to the new issues the BIMcollab project
C) Keep using a previous version
If option A and B are not possible, continue working in a previous version of Solibri. Transfer to Solibri 9.12 at the start of a new project, or when option A or B become possible.
It is not recommended to use both Solibri 9.10 and 9.12 in the same project. The difference in synchronization methods can cause issues with synchronization.