Transfer Clash test results from the Clash Detective to BIMcollab Cloud
Import clashes directly from the Clash Detective in the BCF manager as Issues.
For this function to be active you need to be connected to a BIMcollab project.
Import the clashes
Follow these steps to import the clashes.
- Open the Clash Detective
- In the tab 'Select' choose the button 'Add Test' and determine what kind of clash test you want to perform and choose 'Run test'
- The tab 'Results' is now open. Check the Clashes and change the status if necessary.
- Open the BCF Manager from the BIMcollab tab in the Ribbon and connect to a project in BIMcollab Cloud
- Click the 'Import' button in the BCF Manager
- Choose the tab 'From Clash Results'
- Choose the clashes you want to import:
- Select one or more clash tests to import all clashes from the selected tests
- Select individual clashes from a specific test
By default any clash group will be imported as a single issue. When importing a clash group, the issue will contain the combined viewpoint of all the clashes in the group. You can however choose to ignore the groups and import all the clashes individually instead, by activating the option 'Show individual clashes from groups'
- Choose the settings for the new issues
- Choose 'Import'. All imported issues will be shown in the BCF Manager
- Once all of the clashes have been imported you can review, and if needed edit, the issues you have created and/or updated. When you are satisfied, synchronize the issues with your BIMcollab project.
Be aware that transparent dimming in viewpoints are shown differently in other BIM applications. We advise you to not use this feature of the Navisworks Clash detective when using the BCF Manager.
When importing clashes, you can choose between one or both of the following options:
- Create new issues
- Update existing issues
Creating new issues
When creating new issues you can:
- Set default values for issue properties such as Type, Area, Milestones, etc.
- Try to map the assigned user of a clash to a member of your project team in BIMcollab Cloud or otherwise to the selected team member
- Copy any comments added from the clash and add them as comments to the issue in the BCF Manager
- Add a viewpoint to the issue in BIMcollab Cloud for each individual clash from an imported clash group
- Give all imported clashes a title consisting of both the test name and the clash name (e.g. MEP versus ARCH - Clash 1)
- Add a prefix to the description of each imported clash to be used later for easy identification
Note that the BCF Manager will use the clash properties as the issue description and will place the properties of the clashing components in a comment.
The BCF Manager will create the viewpoint for each clash by importing it directly from the Clash Detective. The viewpoint will always contain:
- The two clashing components
- The camera position
- The color overrides
By default, only the clashing components will be saved in the viewpoint of the issue. All other components (including dimmed components) will be ignored. If the clash's viewpoint was updated, then the updated viewpoint will be used during the import.
Each clash has a unique ID with is stored in the issue.
After you re-run a test in the Clash Detective, existing issues which are linked to clashes can be updated in the BCF Manager, by importing the clash results again.
When a clash test is reset in Navisworks, all clashes are seen as new clashes, and get a new ID. The links to existing issues will be lost.
Make sure to re-run the clash tests without resetting them.
When updating existing issues you can:
Try to map the assigned user of a clash in the Clash Detective to a member of your project team in BIMcollab Cloud
When both of the assignment options are enabled, the “try to map…” option will be given priority and the “Assign updated…” will be used when mapping fails.
- Update the status of issues based on the current status of the clash as follows:
- Reactivate closed and resolved issues when the corresponding clash is still active
Transfer Saved Viewpoints to BIMcollab Cloud
Saved Viewpoints in Navisworks are viewpoints created during a visual check of the model. Import Saved Viewpoints directly from Navisworks in the BCF Manager as issues. For this function to be active you need to be connected to a BIMcollab project. ...
Use Autodesk Docs with BIMcollab
Autodesk Docs can be used in combination with BIMcollab in several ways: With the Autodesk Docs integration in BIMcollab Cloud As a Project folder in BIMcollab ZOOM In this article we will demonstrate how to setup and use these connections to use ...
Integrate Autodesk Docs with a BIMcollab project
The BIMcollab Autodesk Docs integration allows users to view models from an Autodesk Docs folder, create new issues and evaluate existing issues directly from the BIMcollab Cloud web application. The integration is available for users with a ...
Transfer projects from Solibri 9.10 to 9.12
This article is based on a post in Solibri Society To transfer your workflow from Solibri 9.10 to Solibri 9.12 with the BCF Live Connector, there are a couple of recommendations to avoid problems with synchronization. The best workflow depends on ...
Publish a Solibri presentation to BIMcollab Cloud
This workflow only applies to Solibri 9.10 and earlier versions. From Solibri 9.12 onwards, issues are synchronized through the BCF Live Connector. BCF Live does not support presentations, however it is possible to import issues from presentations ...