The Project folder in combination with a Cloud storage platform
It is possible to make use of a folder on a Cloud storage platform, like Autodesk Docs or Trimble Connect, as project folder in BIMcollab ZOOM. There are some things to take into account when making use of this workflow.
- Folders that are used as a project folder, need to be locally accessible by all team members. For example though a desktop application like the Autodesk Desktop Connector.
- Files in the shared folder need to be downloaded onto the local machine, so they are always available for BIMcollab ZOOM.
- Autodesk Desktop Connector: The file status needs to be 'Synced', not 'Online'. For more information, consult the Autodesk website.
- OneDrive: The file needs to be downloaded onto the computer, its status cannot be 'Online-only'. For more information, consult the Microsoft website.
- Dropbox: Set the Smart Sync to 'Local', not 'Online only'. For more information, consult the Dropbox website.
- Make sure all files on your computer are up to date before connecting to the BIMcollab project.
Set up the Project folder to link shared files to a project
The project folder functionality in BIMcollab ZOOM, makes it possible to link a shared folder to a project on BIMcollab Cloud. When this functionality is set up for a project, the IFC- and/or Point cloud files in the shared folder will be ...
Load the files from a shared project folder in BIMcollab Zoom
In BIMcollab ZOOM, it is possible to link IFC files and point clouds stored in a shared folder, to the project. This workflow ensures that all team members of the BIMcollab Cloud project always have access to the most recent files in ZOOM. This ...
Change the location of the Project folder
In BIMcollab ZOOM, you can use the Project folder to connect to BIMcollab Cloud and share IFC files. As BIM projects are always in motion, and its setup might change over the course of the project, it may become necessary to change the location of ...
Explore the example project in BIMcollab Zoom
The BIMcollab example project consists of nine IFC models. Each model belongs to a different discipline and has been exported from a variety of BIM applications demonstrating the versatility of an openBIM workflow. The BIMcollab example project can ...
IFC and Point cloud sharing in BIMcollab Zoom without using BIMcollab Nexus
We recommend an online workflow to combine and view multiple files (IFC and Point clouds) in a project, so the whole team works with the latest version of the projectfiles and communicates at one central spot online in BIMcollab Cloud. This ensures ...