Release history BIMcollab Twin
This article contains the release notes of BIMcollab Twin for 2022 and 2023.
BIMcollab Twin | 14-09-2023
Build number 3.8.5
The biggest change in this release is a technical one. We migrated the application from .NET3.1 to .NET6. As a user you will not notice much of this because it all happens in the background. We have also resolved a number of bugs and you will of course benefit immediately from this.
- Migration from ASP.NET Core 3.1 to .NET6
- Descriptions given to control and assessment tasks in a workflow are now also shown for the relevant tasks that arise from the workflow.
- Fixed: Placeholders were not shown in document sets.
- Fixed: Viewing PDF documents from the details page of a document version did not work.
- Fixed: Attachments were always linked to the latest version of a document and not to the selected version.
- Fixed: Downloading an upload list without documents returned an empty zip file. The upload list was therefore not sent.
- Fixed: In two more places the upload list was not completely filled in and columns remained empty.
BIMcollab Twin | 20-06-2023
Build number 3.8.4
This release brings improvements to the new download menu and a number of API extensions. Downloading documents is in so many places in the application that it turned out that we had overlooked two more. In addition, the upload list was not completely completed in all places and columns remained empty. That has been corrected with this update.
- Changed download menu: the menu has now been made the same in even more places.
- The location code, project and project phase have been added to the Location endpoint in the API.
- You can search for labels in the Documents endpoint via the API.
- All endpoints in the API can now be accessed with client credentials grant.
- Fixed: Downloading a document list that also contained placeholders did not work.
- Fixed: When uploading a new version of a document, the scale and paper size were not correctly copied from the upload list.
- Fixed: Deleting objects gave an error and the objects were not actually deleted.
- Fixed: It turned out not to be possible to delete document sets.
- Fixed: When editing an existing document, it was not possible to select floors in the spatial structure in some projects.
BIMcollab Twin | 06-06-2023
Build number 3.8.3
- Changed Download Menu: The menu is now made the same in all locations. And some new options have been added, such as only downloading an upload list and downloading files with the linked files.
- Through account settings, administrators can now easily remove labels from all documents and communications at once.
- Metadata of multiple documents at the same time can be easily modified using an Excel file. This function is always performed in consultation with a BIMcollab Twin administrator.
- The DWG viewer now opens files in zoom extents, allowing you to view the entire file at once.
- The DWG viewer always shows the latest version of a file (and its xrefs). This caused some confusion, so a message has been added to older versions of a DWG file to inform users of this.
- Fixed: Deleting location groups in the “My Projects” overview did not work correctly when working within a location group.
- Fixed: With Teams within a Project Phase you also saw teams from other phases within the same project. Now you only see the teams that actually have access to the relevant phase.
- Fixed: The old PDF viewer has been disabled because it could always only show the latest version of a document and not older versions. This caused confusion when you switched between the old and the new viewer for a PDF with multiple versions.
- Fixed: Sender was not changed after editing reply by colleague. Now the sender is always listed as the person who last changed the answer.
- Fixed: DWG viewer not always opening in Model-space.
- Fixed: Columns with free fields showed all linked values. This quickly caused tables to become messy and confusing. The columns now show up to three values and tell you if there are more. You can then find the other values in the document details.
- Fixed: Sometimes the overview of sent notifications in the personal environment was not displayed correctly and a 500 error occurred
BIMcollab Twin | 20-04-2023
Build number 3.8.2
- Two significant improvements have been added to the Forms:
- The forms module now also fully works on mobile devices such as telephones and tablets.
- Other applications can now retrieve forms via the API.
- A number of optimizations have been made to ensure that pages load faster if they contain a lot of information.
- For control and assessment tasks, users can view the documents directly in the PDF viewer, eliminating the need to download them first.
- Fixed: Due to a permissions issue, some users were unable to view details of 3D objects.
- Fixed: Users who log in via SSO did not have their login attempts saved to the database.
- Fixed: Files of 0 byte size (empty files) could be placed on BIMcollab Twin. However, these are either corrupt files or files that have not yet been synced to the user's computer (for example via OneDrive). Therefore, these files are skipped when uploading and users are notified that the files were not added.
- Fixed: In the download list of approved documents, description 1 of documents was not shown.
- Fixed: Some PDF files were “cut up” when the application stamped the PDF. This made the PDF no longer readable.
- Fixed: Users received a 500 error if a project name or code was entered that was the same as an existing project. Now users will be notified that the name or code already exists.
BIMcollab Twin | 18-03-2023
Build number 3.8.1
- If it appears in the dwg viewer that xrefs are not linked to a document while they are on BIMcollab Twin, you can easily link them within the dwg viewer. It's just a matter of clicking a button once and the dwg is complete again!
- It is possible for recipients of questions and action items to forward items to other users and thus make them responsible for the question or action item in question.
- Previously you could only add locations to location groups, and now it is also possible to choose a location group for a location.
- The overview list of documents shows which objects the document is linked to. However, this list could become quite long, making it unworkable. That is why the list now shows a maximum of three lines containing, if applicable, the number of objects that are not shown.
- It has become possible to add metadata fields to documents within an account. For the time being, this can only be done on request by BIMcollab Twin employees, but in the future account administrators will be able to set this up themselves. This gives customers the flexibility to adapt metadata to their own work processes.
- XLSM files and other Microsoft files are recognized and displayed with the correct symbol in the list of documents.
- The attachment symbol is shown on the dashboard for documents that have an attachment.
- Fixed: When uploading more than a hundred files at the same time, the application sometimes crashed.
- Fixed: The search field for documents on the dashboard did nothing.
- Fixed: When pressing the Enter key in table search fields, the page was refreshed. The Enter key is now ignored, leaving users on the page in question.
- Fixed: Exporting the document list to Excel did not work if a metadata field was empty in one of the documents.
BIMlink | 25-02-2023
Build number 3.8
With this update, users can log in even more easily via Single Sign On. This means that users can choose to use their account with Microsoft or SurfConext to log in to BIMcollab Twin. This means you no longer have to remember an extra password and you can log in faster.
- Log in via Single Sign On: Use your Microsoft or SurfConext account to log in to BIMlink.
- A number of improvements surrounding the integration of BIMcollab. For example, you can create new issues via BIMcollab Twin and save them at BIMcollab.
- Fixed: When drawing a shape in the PDF viewer, the fill color became transparent by default. We have noticed that users have a much greater need for this.
- Fixed: When uploading new documents, all linked objects were also shown in the spatial structure.
- Fixed: The selection of location groups in the project environment was also used in the account settings, but were not customizable there. Very inconvenient because it was unclear why not all location groups were shown.
- Fixed: The house number field for addresses when adding companies was displayed very unclearly.
- Fixed: Notification topics were displayed on the personal dashboard.
- Fixed: The same label could be linked to a document twice. This gave error messages in various places.
- Fixed: Objects that were not linked to a floor were not displayed in the 2D floor plans.
- Fixed: When adding a question or action item that was linked to a floor, it was not possible to select a recipient.
- Fixed: The external link entered in the upload list ended up with the external reference. External link is linked to a version of a document, external reference to the document.
BIMlink | 26-10-2022
Build number 3.7.2
- BPX files can also be uploaded into BIMcollab Twin itself. The intervention of the Project Manager is therefore no longer necessary.
- Fixed: There were issues for some users when downloading the ZIP file of documents from the notification emails. It turned out that an incorrect check on access rights had been made. That has been corrected.
- Fixed: The screen to change the Protocol became very narrow on mobile devices.
- Fixed: Selecting the Location Group also affected the list of all Locations in the Account Settings. This made it sometimes very difficult to get a complete list of all locations.
- Fixed: When creating a new floor, users sometimes received a 500 error. We have resolved this and creating floors works normally again.
BIMlink | 26-09-2022
Build number 3.7.1
- The entire BIMcollab Twin interface has been made suitable for smaller screens, such as those of tablets and telephones. As a result, the use of BIMcollab Twin is no longer limited to computers with monitors.
- A measurement mode has been added to the SVG and DWG viewers. This allows you to view the distance between those points by clicking two points on the screen.
- All objects receive an ifc guide via the new version of DeltaPi's Project Manager. This is essential for linking and retrieving objects. We now store these in our database so that we can use them much better ourselves and so can our external API users.
- In the API, the ifc guide and the associated Aspect model can be found for each object.
- A filter for placeholders has been added to the list of filters under Documents. This means you can now search for all placeholders or all documents for which a version has already been added.
- Dropdown menus now remain open when multiple options can be selected.
- If you are going to make a stamp, you can specify how large the QR code on a document should be. So, for example, you can make a smaller stamp than the standard size it used to have.
- BPX files created with the new version (8.28) of the DeltaPi Project Manager can be read in BIMcollab Twin. The structure of these files is slightly different from older versions, so we had to add them to the importer.
- When adding a new user, you can immediately indicate whether someone wants to use BIMlink in a language other than the default language of the account.
- Fixed: Confidential documents could now be directly uploaded as such to BIMcollab Twin. This always had to be done manually afterwards.
- Fixed: If you were in the Communication module and you switched projects (phases), you always ended up on the page with questions, while you were at Actions, for example.
- Fixed: Viewing a building gave an error if that building had an address.
- Fixed: In the DWG viewer, layers from Xrefs are no longer visible in the layers menu.
- Fixed: If a new version was added directly to a document, a user would sometimes receive an error message, but the version had been added. The error message was caused by incorrect handling of the Workflows. This has been adjusted and as a result, posting goes well and users no longer see errors.
- Fixed: In the 3D viewer it was possible for the navigation cube to break if you rotated too far to zoom. DeltaPi has adjusted this and now the cube can always be used to rotate the 3D model.
BIMlink | 30-06-2022
Build number 3.7
The built-in PDF viewer has been completely overhauled. In fact, we rebuilt it from scratch. This now gives many more options for using the viewer. For example, to add comments to the PDF. Users can now draw figures and place texts on PDFs. These comments are then saved with an explanation as a question or action point so that they can be handled by another user.
- A completely new PDF viewer with all standard functions such as zooming, rotating and printing.
- The ability to create, save, and assign comments to PDFs to a user.
- BCF issues with an orthogonal camera angle, for example from Revit, can now also be viewed in the 3D viewer.
- If a user is subsequently added to a question or action item, he or she will automatically receive an email.
- The Aspect Models filter next to the 3D viewer now shows the description (if filled in) of the model instead of the file name. This will make it clearer to users what the content of an aspect model is.
- The list of Location groups has a button to reset the selection and return to the dashboard of a Location.
- From the overview list of Documents you can directly view a dwg in our dwg viewer. It is possible by adding a button on the line when the mouse moves over it, so you do not have to go to the detail page of the Document first.
- Fixed: “Flags” that indicate where a project or building is located on a map are now displayed blue instead of yellow, making them much more visible.
- Fixed: When attempting to open the 3D viewer when no model is being imported, a message now appears instead of an infinitely rotating loading icon.
- Fixed: The dwg viewer looked at the contents of blocks and not at the blocks themselves when switching layers.
- Fixed: The navigation cube in the 3D viewer could "run wild" when zoomed in or out too far.
- Fixed: When switching between Style Schemes in the 2D viewer, not all components were restored properly and therefore sometimes became invisible.
- Fixed: Action items assigned to a colleague could not be completed by users.
BIMlink | 11-05-2022
Build number 3.6.3
We have taken another big step in displaying BCF issues from BIMcollab. The issue data can now be seen next to the 3D model and the issue can also be viewed in the model. This provides a much clearer insight into the issues created than just images contained in the issues.
- View BCF issues next to and in the 3D model.
- Documents can now also be searched in the overview by typing the names of work package codes and labels in the search bar.
- Spatial structure elements such as buildings and floors have been added to the Workflows.
- Fixed: The sidebar next to the 3D viewer did not show parameters and values on some models.
- Fixed: The connection with BIMcollab did not always use the correct project, but another project from the BIMcollab space.
BIMlink | 08-04-2022
Build number 3.6.2
Because our API is increasingly used by more and more parties, this version contains a number of extensions in that area.
- Additional data added to the API: User ID and last modification date of models.
- The way of displaying selected spatial structure components has been improved. It is now clearer whether, for example, floors of a building have also been selected.
- When printing from the dwg viewer, the PDF is given the same name as the dwg.
- The invitation email includes a link to the login page that users can follow after activating their user account.
- In several places the terms Coupled and Linked were used interchangeably. This was very confusing, so it has been straightened out and it now says Linked everywhere.
- Fixed: The “Refresh KYP tasks” button no longer worked, tasks were not retrieved from KYP.
- Fixed: BCF issues were not compatible with BIMsync, so they could not be opened there. After some minor adjustments, this is now possible.
- Fixed: When exporting users, the last login date was not included in Excel.
- Fixed: The overview list of objects did not load and therefore did not show any objects.
- Fixed: Downloading multiple approved documents at the same time did not work correctly, resulting in incorrect versions instead of the last approved.
- Fixed: An error appeared when adding a floor to a project phase, causing the link to not be saved in the database.
- Fixed: When printing from the dwg viewer, not all layers were printed on the PDF and the drawing was therefore incomplete.
- Fixed: Searching by company name in the list of documents did not work if only part of the company name was entered.
BIMlink | 02-03-2022
Build number 3.6.1
With this update we introduce Single-Sign-On to BIMlink. This means that you can link your user account to your Microsoft account and then log in via Microsoft. This means you no longer have to remember extra passwords and makes logging in easier. We have also worked hard to further optimize the 3D viewer. In particular, filtering Objects and coloring with Style Schemes have been addressed.
- Introduction Single-Sign-On: use your Microsoft account to log in to BIMlink. Would you rather register via another provider? Send us an email and we will see if we can add it too.
- A few improvements in the 3D viewer that make loading and switching objects even faster.
- Additional filters have been added to the list of Users in Account Settings to make searching easier.
- Fixed: Something regularly went wrong when adding building(s) and floors in a Project Phase. By better organizing the data required for adding, the problems were resolved.
- Fixed: Search fields and other input did not work correctly when only the SVG viewer was activated and not the 3D viewer. Functions were made too dependent on the 3D viewer, now they also work when only the SVG viewer is active.
- Fixed: The button that could be used to restore deleted documents had an incorrect icon and description, which has been corrected.
- Fixed: When downloading with attachments from the Document details, the attachments were not added to the zip file.
- Fixed: Buildings and projects in Belgium were not shown correctly on maps. There was an error in the way Belgian addresses were constructed and then put on the map.
BIMlink | 12-01-2022
Build number 3.6
The 3D viewer has undergone a complete renovation behind the scenes. This makes filtering and coloring using style schemes faster and more efficient. Furthermore, the rights system has been expanded so that rights can also be set per file type.
- The 3D viewer works in the background in a completely new way. For users, this is especially noticeable in the speed with which filters are applied and colors are adjusted based on the Style Schemes.
- For each file type, you can set per role which type may be downloaded by users who have the relevant role within a project phase. For example, users can view but not download Revit files.
- Project and project phases can be thrown away, but be careful! This always includes documents, communications and objects and cannot be reversed.
- Fixed: The document type was only taken from the upload list if the column was populated in English. This has been corrected and the file can now be completed in the preferred language and it will then be copied correctly.
- Fixed: The built-in PDF viewer always incorrectly showed the latest version of the document, even if a user wanted to see an older version.
- Fixed: Two-step verification was not remembered for all users, requiring them to identify themselves every time.
- Fixed: The dwg viewer sometimes made texts unreadably small, which was concealed by re-rendering the texts every time after zooming.
- Fixed: The screen in which the 3D viewer is projected adjusts again to the maximum height and width of the browser.
Release history BIMcollab Twin- Archive
This article contains the release notes of BIMcollab Twin for 2021 and 2020. BIMcollab Twin | 01-12-2021 Build number 3.5.8 New Notifications can now be sent from documents that have already been posted. Previously this was only possible during ...
Release history Nexus, BCF Managers, Zoom
In this article you can find an overview of the new features and improvements of the BIMcollab Ecosystem made in 2022 and 2023. Older release notes are archived. Use the navigation column to the right to navigate quickly to the older release notes. ...
Release history Nexus, BCF Managers, Zoom - Archive
In this article you can find an overview of the new features and improvements of the BIMcollab Ecosystem that were released in 2021 or earlier. Use the navigation column to the right to navigate quickly to the older release notes. BCF Managers | ...
Get started with BIMcollab
Download all BIMcollab tools BIMcollab Nexus operates seamlessly in a web-based environment, requiring no downloads. Complementing this, BIMcollab offers downloadable files for specialized tools such as BIMcollab Zoom for efficient model checking, ...
Example projects and templates
Example project We offer the example project as a native file for Archicad, Revit and Solibri. For other BIM tools you can download the example project as an IFC file. Reference guide BCP and IFC files BCF example file Archicad model Revit model ...