As the first professional issue management tool since 2015, BIMcollab offers 2 solutions, meeting all your project's highest requirements:
- A private online BIMcollab Cloud, which is hosted on one of our servers in the Netherlands.
- The On-Premise version of BIMcollab, a special version we install with your help on one of your servers.
On-Premise allows you to have full control of data security, but also up-time and back-ups. It is perfect for when you are working with a high-security project that requires data to be hosted within the country of the project.
With both the on-premise and the online solution, we ensure that BIMcollab can be successfully used, from the start of the project until the end.
In this article we answer some frequently asked questions about your on-premise BIMcollab space.
Supported software versions
- Windows 2012 R2 and higher
- SQL Server 2021 and higher. Web/Standard/Enterprise versions
- IIS Server 7 and higher
Can I manually update the number of users on an on-premise space?
It is not possible to manage your subscription directly via the dashboard of the on-premise space.
To request an update please contact BIMcollab via email@example.com
. This update will be provided by sending you a small batch-file which needs to be run on the Windows server.
Can I manually modify the database?
The database should never be manually modified whatsoever. Changing the database can cause irreversible damage and cause the space to cease to function.
Should I make backups of the database?
Yes, You are responsible for making periodic backups of the database. It is important to note that you should not back up or restore individual tables but rather the database as a whole.
The BIMcollab space is not online
There are a number of reasons why a BIMcollab space is not online. Please start by checking if the following components are running on your server:
- Is IIS running?
- Check if the BIMcollab space is started. Do this in IIS.
- Check if the BIMcollab space Pool is running. Do this in the Windows task manager.
- Check if the BIMcollab MailDigestService is started. Do this in IIS.
- Check if the BIMcollab MailDigestService Pool is running. Do this in the task manager.
- Is the database server running?
- Open Services and verify the MS SQL server is running.
- Is SMTP server running?
If you have confirmed that all of these services are running and your space is still not running then please contact BIMcollab support via firstname.lastname@example.org
The BIMcollab space is very slow
There are a number of reasons why your BIMcollab space could be slow.
- Reason: The MailDigestService is not working or very slow.
Solution: restart the MailDigestService in IIS.
- Reason: There is a very heavy task running on the server which uses all CPU and/or RAM. This task can be a BIMcollab task itself like import/export a huge amount of issue’s.
Solution: wait until these tasks are finished and check again.
If you are still not able to identify the cause for the diminished performance then please contact BIMcollab support via email@example.com
Users can't find or connect to the spaceIn most cases this is caused by the DNS server not correctly resolving the space name.
Note that there are several ways to resolve such issues.
A simple solution is to add the local IP address of the server into the hosts file on the local machines. In the case that users are unable to connect via a BCF Manager you should check if the BCF Manager service is running on the server. To check, please enter the following URL into a internet browser on the computer which cannot connect:
https://<space*>.bimcollab.com/ webservice-010302/kubusbcfservice.svc (* enter your space prefix here)
If the service is properly running, you should see a webpage as shown in the example below.