Integrate Autodesk Docs with a BIMcollab project
The BIMcollab Autodesk Docs integration allows users to view models from an Autodesk Docs folder, create new issues and evaluate existing issues directly from the BIMcollab Cloud web application.
The integration is available for users with a Connected or Enterprise plan.
You can test the integration on your free or Starter account for a period of 4 weeks.
The viewer in BIMcollab Cloud is based on the internal Autodesk Docs modelviewer.
To enable this integration, follow the following steps.
Set up your Autodesk Docs account
This step can only be performed by the administrator of the Autodesk Docs account. If you are a team member, skip to the
- Log into your Autodesk Docs account
- Go to the Account Admin page of your account
- Go to APPS
- Find the BIMcollab application in the list
- Add the application to your account
- Repeat the previous steps for every account necessary
Set up the integration in your BIMcollab account
This step can only be performed by the Project leader of a project. If you are a team member, skip to the
- Log in to BIMcollab Cloud
- Select one of the projects of which you are a Project leader
- Go to the Settings page of the project
- Click 'Integration'
- Select 'Autodesk Docs' as your integration
- Click Sign in
- Complete the Autodesk Docs sign in process
- Click ALLOW
Choose the appropriate account and project
When you do not see all of the accounts linked to the email address with which you are logged in, please check the following:
- The BIMcollab app has been installed in all of the Autodesk Docs accounts.
- If you notice the app has been installed, but you cannot see the account in BIMcollab, the app might no longer be correctly installed, because of changes in the Autodesk API.
Follow these steps to reconnect the account:
- Log out from your Autodesk Docs account in BIMcollab Cloud
- Uninstall the BIMcollab app in your Autodesk Docs account
- Log out of your Autodesk Docs account
- Log in again to your Autodesk Docs account
- Re-install the BIMcollab app
- Log in to you account in BIMcollab Cloud
- Setup the integration again from your project
- Select the file types you want to make available in the integration, only files of these types will be available to choose in the model selection
- Click OK
The Autodesk Docs project is now integrated into the BIMcollab project. In the next step you can choose which models from the Autodesk folder will be displayed in the Model tab of the project.
Choose the models
This step is specific for every team member of the project. Users can choose themselves which of the project's models they want to display in the model tab.
- Go to the Model tab of the project in which the Autodesk Docs integration was set up.
The first time you go to the Model tab after the integration was configured, the model selection window will automatically pop up.
On the left side, all folders and models in the project, matching the selected file types, are shown. Select all models you want to display.
Click on the arrow button to add the selected models to the view.
Once all desired models are added to the 'Selected models' list, click 'OK'.
If you want to change or add models to the list of selected models, click on the
button in the top right corner of the model viewer.
All selected models will be shown as a combined model in the Model tab. Use the model viewer functionalities to further filter the model and define its appearance. You can zoom to issues in the model and create new issues from the issue panel on the left side of the screen.
Use Autodesk Docs with BIMcollab
Autodesk Docs can be used in combination with BIMcollab in several ways: With the Autodesk Docs integration in BIMcollab Cloud As a Project folder in BIMcollab ZOOM In this article we will demonstrate how to setup and use these connections to use ...
Which file types are supported in the Autodesk Docs integration?
The BIMcollab Autodesk Docs integration will allow you to view IFC as well as native Revit models and Navisworks .NWD fileformat. Other model types will not be shown.
Integrate Dropbox with a BIMcollab project
Dropbox can be used, in combination with BIMcollab, as a basic Common Data Environment to share models, reference models and other documents within your team. Integrating BIMcollab with Dropbox allows you to: Manage from BIMcollab your team member’s ...
Integrate Trimble Connect with a BIMcollab project
The Trimble Connect integration allows users to view models stored on the Connect platform, create new issues and evaluate existing ones directly on the BIMcollab Cloud web application. The integration is available for users with a Connected or ...
How to combine BIMcollab ZOOM and Solibri in a project
Construction projects are always a complex endeavor, and project teams often use a multitude of softwares. In this article we will show a workflow where both BIMcollab ZOOM and Solibri are being used within the same team. To manage IFC models and ...