Integrate Autodesk Docs with a BIMcollab project
The BIMcollab Autodesk Docs integration allows users to view models from a Autodesk Docs folder, create new issues and evaluate existing ones directly from the BIMcollab Cloud web application.
The integration is available for users with a Connected or Enterprise plan. You can test the integration on your free or Starter account for a period of 4 weeks.
The integration will show all models in the Autodesk Docs folder as one combined model.
The viewer in BIMcollab Cloud is based on the internal Autodesk Docs modelviewer.
To enable this integration, follow the following steps.
1. Set up your Autodesk Docs account
- Log into your Autodesk Docs account
- Go to the Account Admin page of your account
- Go to APPS
- Find the BIMcollab application in the list
- Add the application to your account
- Repeat the steps for every account necessary
2. Set up your BIMcollab account
- Log into BIMcollab Cloud
- Select one of the projects of which you are a Project Leader
- Go to the Settings page of the project
- Click 'Integration'
- Select 'Autodesk Docs' as your integration
- Click Sign in
- Complete the Autodesk Docs sign in process
- Click ALLOW
- Choose the appropriate account and project
When you do not see all of the accounts linked to the email address with which you are logged in, please check the following:
- The BIMcollab app has been installed in all of the Autodesk Docs accounts.
- If you notice the app has been installed, but you cannot see the account in BIMcollab, the app might no longer be correctly installed, because of changes in the Autodesk API.
Follow these steps to reconnect the account:
- Log out from your Autodesk Docs account in BIMcollab Cloud
- Uninstall the BIMcollab app in your Autodesk Docs account
- Log out of your Autodesk Docs account
- Log in again to your Autodesk Docs account
- Re-install the BIMcollab app
- Log in to you account in BIMcollab Cloud
- Setup the integration again from your project
- Select one or more folders containing the models and add it to the selected folders
The Autodesk Docs project is now integrated into the BIMcollab project.
All models in the Autodesk Docs folder will be shown as a combined model in the Model tab of your project in BIMcollab Cloud
Use Autodesk Docs with BIMcollab
Autodesk Docs can be used in combination with BIMcollab in several ways: With the Autodesk Docs integration in BIMcollab Cloud As a Project folder in BIMcollab ZOOM In this article we will demonstrate how to setup and use these connections to use ...
Which file types are supported in the Autodesk Docs integration?
The BIMcollab Autodesk Docs integration will allow you to view IFC as well as native Revit models and Navisworks .NWD fileformat. Other model types will not be shown.
Can I see models located in separate Autodesk Docs sub folders?
No. But the Autodesk Docs integration will create a federated model from the (reference) models stored in the folder(s) selected by the project manager.
Integrate Dropbox with a BIMcollab project
Dropbox can be used, in combination with BIMcollab, as a basic Common Data Environment to share models, reference models and other documents within your team. Integrating BIMcollab with Dropbox allows you to: Manage from BIMcollab your team member’s ...
Integrate Trimble Connect with a BIMcollab project
The Trimble Connect integration allows users to view models stored on the Connect platform, create new issues and evaluate existing ones directly on the BIMcollab Cloud web application. The integration is available for users with a Connected or ...