BIMcollab ZOOM users who have a ZOOM license, so not a ZOOM Free license, can perform clash detection within the loaded set of models.
Setup a clash rule
Follow these steps to create a clash rule:
- Start BIMcollab ZOOM with a ZOOM license
- Connect to a project on BIMcollab Cloud or load a set of models manually
- Select the Clashes panel
- All clash rules must be added to a clash rule set.
Expand 'Local' or 'Shared' and select an existing set. If no clash rule set is present yet, create a new one by clicking the [+] button, or right clicking on 'Local' or 'Shared' and choosing 'Add clash rule set'.
It will be automatically selected once created
- Click the [+] button again to start creating a new clash rule, or right click the clash rule set and choose 'Add clash rule'
- While creating a new clash rule you can edit the following fields:
Give your rule a clear and unique name. The name can later be appended to issue titles to make them better searchable in BIMcollab.
- Source set
Define a set of components which will be used as your source set by filtering them out by defining rules. Each rule exists of:
- An Element type you want top add to the set (e.g. walls, doors, columns)
- A Property, Operator and Value to be used to filter out elements with a specific property value
- The action which defines if the elements found should be added or removed from the set
Test your set by clicking on the Show selected set button
. The result will be shown in the 3D view
- Target set
Define a set of components which will be used as your target set the same way as with the source set.
Determine if you want to check for Clashes, Duplicates or both
Override the default tolerances in regard to clash box size, volume or both.
- Include clashes from a single:
Define if the clash result may contain clashes of which the clashing elements are found within the same model, system or component.
Provide the clash rule with a clear description so it's purpose is easily identifiable
7. Click OK to save the clash rule
8. Execute the clash rule by double clicking on it. To run a whole set of clash rules, double click on the clash rule set. Click the Run button
to execute all clash rules
The results of the clash test can then be found in the results panel.
By default, clashes are grouped together by source component and the nearest grid position. To change this click Change grouping settings
By default clashes are displayed using the schematic mode. The user can choose between a number of view modes which determines how the issue is displayed, by clicking the 'Change clash view mode' button
Three view modes are available:
- Regular: Display the two clashing components
- Selected: Display the two clashing components and select them
- Schematic: Display the two clashing components transparent and highlight the clashing area
Additionally, you have the option to place a section box around the clashing components. This can be useful when recreating an issue within a modeling application.
Issues can be generated from the results of the clash test in different ways, depending on if you are connected to a project or not.
When connected to a project on BIMcollab Cloud
When you are connected to a project on BIMcollab Cloud, you can report clashes to Smart issues to easily track the status of the reported clashes.
Make sure you are connected to the correct BIMcollab space and project before generating the issues.
In offline mode
Select one or more results in the list
Click 'Batch generate issues'