Creating and editing issues in BIMcollab Zoom
With BIMcollab Zoom you can connect to a BIMcollab space and exchange issues directly.
Connecting to your project from BIMcollab Zoom
Choose the desired project by first connecting to the correct BIMcollab Space:
- Open BIMcollab Zoom and click on the Connection icon
- In the field 'BIMcollab', fill in the following information:
- join.bimcollab.com to connect to your free BIMcollab project
- the URL of your private space (e.g. example.bimcollab.com) to connect to the private BIMcollab space.
- Click 'Connect'.
- A separate window will be opened. Fill in your login credentials and click 'Log in'.
- Choose the project you want to connect to, and click OK.
- Any issues which are already present in the project, will be displayed in BIMcollab Zoom after connecting.
Create, edit, and delete Issues
When you are connected to the desired project you can start creating issues.
Go to the Issues tab
- Click the + button to add a new issue, or right click in the 3D view and choose 'Add issue'
Fill in the Title and other fields
The active view will be used as a viewpoint for the issue. You can also insert a snapshot from a folder on your computer
or from the clipboard
. When you want to edit a Snapshot, you can click on the pencil button
. The snapshot will be opened in Paint, where you can add annotations. For more information on the creation of viewpoints, consult the article How to create fast, light-weight and effective viewpoints
Choose which components are saved in the viewpoint, and whether the selection and any colors that have been added to the visible components are saved.
Store only what’s needed in the viewpoint of the issue.
You have the following options to choose which components to be stored in the viewpoint:
- None = Show whole model
If necessary, fill in the names of the team members you want to notify about this issue
Hit the 'Save' button and the issue will be created
Any annotations and section planes that are visible in the viewpoint will also be saved in the issue.
You can zoom to an issue by double-clicking on it. The viewpoint which is saved in the issue will be activated.
If you want to edit an issue:
- Click once on the issue
- Hit the pencil button
- Edit the issue: change the fields, add a comment, add a new snapshot, notify someone or change the status to resolved or closed
- Click on 'Save' to save the changes, or on 'Cancel' to go back without saving the changes
If you want to remove an issue click on the - button.
You can only remove issues if you have created them yourself, and they have not yet been synchronized to Nexus
If you want to add a comment:
- Select the issue
- click on the + button underneath the comments
- Type a comment, notify someone and/or insert a snapshot
- Click on 'Save', the comment will be added
If you want to edit a comment:
- Click once on the comment
- Then hit the pencil button underneath the comments
You can only edit a comment which you have created yourself.
If you want to remove a comment, select the comment and click on the - button beneath the comments.
You can only delete a comment which you have created yourself.
Synchronization of issues
After creating or updating issues in BIMcollab Zoom, you have two options to synchronize them with the project in your BIMcollab space:
- Using the 'Auto-sync' function that automatically synchronizes issues when they are viewed or edited.
- Manually by clicking on the 'synchronize project' button at the top of the menu .
Finding issues in BIMcollab Zoom
By creating a combination of models (created by different disciplines) you can visually detect conflicts between these models. Next to this, BIMcollab Zoom Viewer has Smart views that can automate identifying and coloring components based on defined ...
In BIMcollab Zoom, you can add annotations to your 3D view in order to create clear and understandable viewpoints for issues. Any annotations that are visible while creating an issue, will be saved in the issue. You can draw arrows to point at ...
Synchronization of issues in BIMcollab Zoom
Synchronizing issues to your BIMcollab Space After creating or updating issues in BIMcollab Zoom, you can synchronize them with the project in your BIMcollab space by clicking on the 'synchronize project' button at the top of the menu: New or edited ...
IDS property validation in BIMcollab Zoom
By integrating IDS into BIMcollab Zoom, BIM managers can easily check for any missing or non-compliant information in the IFC files. When a model does not meet the requirements specified in the IDS, BIMcollab Zoom enables you to generate issue ...
Viewing specific issues in BIMcollab Zoom
When you are connected to a project, BIMcollab allows you to filter issues based on issue properties such as type, milestone and 'assigned to' and by using favorites. Filtering Use the values from the dropdown or checkboxes to create a filter to view ...