As an administrator in a space you can create project templates in which all project properties, like issue settings and team members, are saved. New projects can be created based on a template, so all of these settings are already present.
Once there is at least one template present in the space, it is possible to enforce the use of templates, so you can ensure all projects are based on the same properties.
- To create a template, click on the button 'New project' in the upper right corner of the 'My Projects' page
- Choose a name to identify the template. If needed, you can choose an existing template or project and copy all project properties as a basis
- If desires, choose a project to use as a starting point for the new template
- Click on 'Create as template'
- In the 'General' tab of the project settings, add information like the start- and end date and change settings if needed.
- Define other project properties in the following tabs on the Settings page.
- The created project can be used as a template by all project leaders for new projects.
The template is visible on the 'My projects' page for all users who are added as a project leader to the project. Other team members will only be able to choose the template when creating a new project, but will not see it on their 'My projects' page.
Only administrators can create templates. If you cannot see the 'Create as template' button, you do not have administrative rights in the space. Contact the space administrator to adjust your rights if necessary.
How to add BIM requirements to your template
Smart Views, Clash rules, Lists and IDS specification can be included in a template by using an active project:
- First create an active project with settings and BIM requirements of your company standards:
- Create a new project in your BIMcollab Nexus space
- Add all project leaders in the space as team members to the project
- Add all correct issue properties, like areas, milestones and labels, to the project
- Add the IDS specification
- In BIMcollab Zoom, put all company Smart Views, Clash rules and List definitions in the shared folder of the project and synchronize
- After this create a template based on a project
- In BIMcollab Nexus, create a new project
- Select the previously created project as 'Project template'
- Create as a template
Enforce the use of templates
When there are templates present in the space, the use of templates can be also enforced. So while creating a project the users can choose one of the templates, and the projects cannot be created without a template. When not enforced, users can create a blank project or can choose any template or project they are a part of to copy the settings from.
Administrators can always choose any project to copy the settings from, even when templates are enforced.
Create a new project
To create a new project, click on the button 'New project' in the upper right corner of the 'My Projects' page. If you cannot see the 'New project' button, you do not have rights to create projects in the space. Contact the space administrator to ...
Create a new issue in BIMcollab Nexus
From the BIMcollab Nexus platform, you can create, review and close Issues with no need to have another extra software. Follow the next steps to create new issues directly from the BIMcollab Nexus platform (web browser). Step 1: From your preferred ...
Use a project as a template
When creating a new project in BIMcollab Nexus, you can use a project template or another project as as a Template. This copies the project settings and you can enable the options to also copy team members, areas, milestones and BIM requirements. The ...
Create and edit issues in Revit
Create, edit and delete Issues View Template Make sure that before you are creating or editing issues you have created a View Template in Revit. Create Issues When you are connected to the desired project you can start creating issues. Click the + ...
Add a new user
Before a user can be added to a project in a private BIMcollab Nexus space as a team member, they first need to be added to the space as a new user. By default only space administrators can add new users to the space. However, administrators can give ...